Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Progress on my build

When i decided where i wanted to put the inverter board i realized that it would block the passage of one of the screws for the bezel. I ended up filing the groove on the picture deeper as there were no leads in the circuit board in that area.
The inverter board blocking the attachment of the bezel
I also took the HDD bay from the bacbook and glued it to the back of the case. Now the HDD is firmly secured and i have the possibility to change it later (maybe a SSD?). Because the IR and power LED is attached to the end of the SATA cable - i decided to turn the harddrive 180 degrees so that i could fit both in the bezel, just left to the isight. I probably wont use the IR module, but the led will make an nice touch to the build.
Harddrive attached.
So - out of pure luck, the short cable of the module and the position of the harddrive and LCD positioned perfect. All i did was glue the module to the frame of the LCD. I will make two small holes in the bezel after i skin it with the carbon fiber and make small plexiglass pieces to fit.
IR-module and power LED glued to the LCD frame
The small IR-module next to the isight
I have been looking into building my own battery. I have found some battery cells that are 5000mah and 3.6V. I could easily fit three of them in the case and end up with a 1,5ah battery (three times the stock macbook battery), but i need to figure out how the internal charger/chip/controller thingy of the macbook battery works. If anyone have details about the schematics for the battery connector or the internals of the battery itself - please let me know in the comments.


The things left to do are:
- Drill holes for the cpu-fan and the speakers.
- Get hold of a powerbutton and figure out the internal keyboard USB/power on.
- Attach the bluetooth-module and antenna.
- Extend the backlight cable for the LCD and the Powercable for the battery.
- Purchase touch panel and battery(build my own?) (when i finish my exams)
- Spraypaint the case on the inside and skin it with carbon fiber.

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME!!!
    Compliments!!!

    What have you done for the battery???

    ReplyDelete