Friday, December 10, 2010

Just ordered the final bits

I just ordered the resistive touch-panel and the battery. I think them both will arrive in a couple of weeks, so i will continue the build when they arrive. With the panel i can estimate and have some accurate measures on the thickness of the device, and if i can sand off a couple of mm on the frame. 
When i get the hardware working I will order the carbon fiber and skin the case. 




I added the Bluetooth module and some support for the upper corners of the LCD screen. The bottom corners and the rest of the sides seems to be will be supported by the logic-board, batteries and harddrive. I will have to add some sort of insulation between the cpu cooler and lcd. Maybe the harddrive aswell. I guess I will know how it works out when i get all the pieces together.


The things left to do now are:
- Drill holes for the cpu-fan and the speakers.
- Get hold of a powerbutton and figure out the internal keyboard USB/power on. Will put the powerbutton to the left, on the top or at the back.
- Attach the bluetooth-module and antenna.
- Extend the backlight cable for the LCD and the Powercable for the battery.
- Purchase touch panel and battery(build my own?) (when i finish my exams)
- Spraypaint the case on the inside and skin it with carbon fiber.

No comments:

Post a Comment